Building Close Relationships
With Healthcare Professionals
At Oxycare, we work closely with hospital consultants and healthcare professionals in Ireland and abroad to enhance healing for chronic non-healing wounds and a range of approved medical conditions.
We are positioned as a reliable partner for the assessment and treatment of difficult cases where Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment can a useful adjunct to a standard therapy.
HBOT Clinical Guidelines for specific conditions
What Does HBOT Do?
The major effects of blood oxygen changes during HBOT inlcudes:
Higher Oxygen level – the most important effect – providing more oxygen to healing tissues.
Vasoconstriction reduces oedema (swelling) of the tissues.
- Accelerates “oxidative burst”
- Supports phagocytosis (immune cell destruction of bacteria)
- Antibiotic effect on anaerobes (bacteria that do not actually require oxygen and are damaged by it)
- Neutralizing the toxin of Clostridial gas gangrene
- Substitute Carbon Monoxide gas in Carbon Monoxide